Saturday, October 29, 2016

Cooking and me




I love holiday baking . I actually love baking any day .But holidays are especially convenient since there are no immediate lesson plans or assignments that need my attention .
I  cook with all my heart . So what I need is absolute peace of mind to whip up something  special. The whole process fascinates me , or even the thought of the process, which involves measuring out the ingredients , mixing them in the correct order , whipping the eggs to a fluffiness or the cream to the required thickness .Then watching the outcome patiently through the glass door of the oven , waiting to see, the gentle rising of the cake , or the bread . The sheer sight of it makes me feel like an expectant  mother  viewing a sonogram.
The only thing we fight about at home is my reluctance to invite my husband’s friends at home for dinner or lunch. My husband calls me asocial and a sociopath. I am not really that , but on a regular weekend , I am not exactly relaxed to cook for people. When I cook, I need to know what you like. I prefer thinking  about the person I am cooking for ; not about the action plan I have to complete for the weekend . For me cooking involves love and passion and if you get an invite from me to dine at home, then you can be sure. Yes, I love you .
 I am an introvert and having friendly conversations with strangers terrifies me . Hence I avoid such situations .No offense meant .
Today I decided to bake cinnamon and raisin bread for dinner. After all, vacation is for unconventional  meals. The aroma and taste of cinnamon bread is to die for .I roll my bread dough tightly with a layer of cinnamon powder and sugar sprinkled, which would give the bread a lovely  brown streak when sliced.

To go along with it, I have my crispy baked chicken which was indeed the fourth item on Phinnaeus vacation baking list .




And here it is .
 

No comments: