Friday, December 30, 2011

P.A.O.S.U.I....meaning PHINNAEUS


Winter holidays are zooming away and the countdown have already started .Kids are using the last two days for full time playing and me for reading .
My younger one Phinneaus came up to me telling ” Mom see I have written M for MOM.He had marker stains on his fingers and his forearm had a big “M” .And on his left palm he had written “PAOSUI”.I went to inspect the extent of damages he had done to his room playing with the marker .Nothing much , just this word “PAOSUI “ on his toy boxes and bigger toys .The rest of them had just a “P” inscribed on them .

I was wondering who this PAOSUI is ,maybe some word he found from his Chinese toys.
I asked him where he found the word “PAOSUI” .He replied innocently ,”Mom,you don’t know anything .It is not Paosui ..it is “P.A.O.S.U.I” , Phinnaeus..”

The little chap was writing his name on his toys .I think it is high time that I have a word with his teacher .Is this how they teach phonetics in school…? Or maybe I should have given him an easier name to spell.....
Whatever be the case, of all the possible spellings he chose a Chinese sounding one …..PAOSUI…I guess his brother is going to use it to tease him for the rest of his life ....or at least till he gets something new .

No comments: